Purpose of the role
As an Exposure Management Analyst, you support the delivery of the AMPI portfolios trading, liquidity, and rebalancing strategies. This is a dynamic role where we partner the investment team, support teams and key service providers to efficiently manage and implement portfolio strategies and develop new investment capabilities. This role will assist the team in providing trade implementation solutions for investment strategies, including internal/external portfolios, active/passive asset allocation and cash management, product overlay and hedge portfolios.
Main Areas of focus
- Creation and communication of trade instructions resulting from cash flows, hedge gains/losses, changes in relative target weights.
- Currency hedge implementation and review.
- Monitoring of portfolio holdings and exposures to ensure consistency and variance from model.
- Co-ordination of information and trade flows between middle and front office.
- Working closely with portfolio managers across the AMPI business to understand underlying investment objectives and tailor effective implementation and exposure management solutions.
- Maintaining rebalancing requirements / inputs / workflows / systems through regular liaison with Strategy, Systems, Data, Risk and Operations teams.
- Maintaining / enhancing trading workflows, systems, and procedures to improve efficiency for the team.
- Participation in teams’ efforts on projects and daily stakeholder meetings by working collaboratively to deliver BAU items, manage queries, resolve issues and support stakeholders.
- Maintaining team processes and workflows, identifying areas for continuous improvements to mitigate risk, improve efficiency etc.
Experience and qualifications required:
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in Financial Markets / Investment Management (desired)
- Prior experience with Overlay and/or Exposure management (favourable but not required)
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and gain the trust and respect of team members.
- Good analytical skills, with the ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to manage self and plan work deadline: work comfortably in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
Is this your dream job?
….then apply today! We review applications as soon as we receive them and if we find our perfect candidate, we may close the role earlier than the advertised close date.
Working for AMP
We are transforming our business. We are looking for people with courage, accountability and integrity who inspire the same in others. If you are comfortable challenging the status-quo and perform at your best in an evolving and complex environment – we need you.
Wellbeing & Benefits
We invest in the health, wellbeing and development of our people by offering a range of great benefits to support you be your best, professionally and personally:
- We-Flex: Choose how, when and where you work.
- CHAPM Program: Access for you and your family to 24/7 wellbeing and counselling support.
- Well-being programs and activities: Annual health checks, flu vaccinations, information sessions.
- LinkedIn Learning: and other Learning@AMP programs to grow your career.
- Volunteering: opportunities through our AMP Foundation.
- Financial Well-Being: competitive home loans, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and achieve great outcomes for our people, customers, shareholders and the community. If you have a natural curiosity, an appreciation for differences and an innate willingness to help others you will be valued at AMP.
At AMP we are committed to improving employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and we encourage applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply. Read more about our Reconciliation Plan here .
Let us know when you apply what we can do to help you show up at your best during our selection process.
Message to recruitment agencies
Please do not send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee in relation to this role or others. We cannot accept unsolicited resumes or be responsible for fees related to unsolicited candidates.