- Role that makes a real difference protecting Australia’s sovereignty
- Ongoing professional development and upskilling
- A truly collaborative environment
DXC has proven expertise and a long-standing 45+ year partnership with Defence and Defence Industry. We understand the Australia Defence landscape and have experience working on large scale projects and highly classified military installations. Subsequently, DXC has been engaged in a 12-year strategic partnership with the Commonwealth of Australia.
Your new role
We are looking for Junior Software Engineers to join our team. You will be working on cutting-edge cybersecurity projects that have real-world applications, while supporting the defence industry’s critical mission protecting our country. We’re looking for individuals who are drawn to the challenges and projects of the defence industry, and who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves.
You will work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. This team is focussed on software development, integration and testing, and collaborates closely with other teams to ensure projects requirements are met.
This role is based in Mawson Lakes (Adelaide, SA).
Your skills and experience
- You are a near or recent ICT graduate who wants to develop and build their career in software engineering
- Young in your career, you are naturally curious and are keen to learn, grow and develop. You work well within a team environment and also by yourself.
- Technically you are familiar with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), have hands-on programming experience (python, C#, C++ or similar), an understanding of cloud, servers and databases, and knowledge of cyber security.
- Added bonus if you have knowledge or experience of Defence, Big Data, Agile or engineering processes.
Due to the nature of the role, you must be willing and able to undergo a high-level Australia Government security clearance. More information can be found here: Security clearances – Vetting assessment | Sectors | Defence
DXC Culture & Benefits
DXC Technology is dedicated to ‘putting its people first’. We offer competitive remuneration, benefits, training and career opportunities and a culture that demonstrates our employees are our priority. Some of our benefits include but are not limited to:
- DXC University
- Education Assistance
- Reward & Recognition
- Staff Referral Program
- Novated Leasing
- Health Insurance (discount program)
- Volunteer Days / Emergency Services