We’re looking for people who are passionate about crafting phenomenal web applications.
We’re currently hiring various levels of Frontend Engineers across pillars such as Conversations-Search-Channels, Virtual HQ, Client Capabilities, Network, Expansion, Internal Tools, Platform, and many others!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture; we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and above all, collaborative.
What you will be doing
• You’ll brainstorm with Product Managers and Designers to conceptualize new features
• You’ll collaborate with Application Engineering to build new features for our large-and-growing user base
• You’ll learn about new web technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
• You’ll help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
• You’ll mentor other engineers and deeply review code
What you should have
• Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
• Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
• Experience with modern browser technologies
• Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
• Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
• Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
• You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
• Partner closely with Product and Design with a user-centered approach in crafting scaled web applications.
• Experience with Typescript
• Experience with WebRTC
• Experience with WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
• Experience in small startup environments
• Experience designing web sites or applications