- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in program or project management.
- 5 years of experience in program management or project management with a focus on artificial intelligence or other advanced technologies.
- Experience in design studio management.
- Experience with human rights or policy in relation to emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of contemporary efforts in generative AI.
About the job
The Technology and Society organization connects research, people, and ideas across Google and Alphabet to help shape and advance our most ambitious technology innovations and initiatives and their impact on users and society for the better, boldly and responsibly. In addition, we also aim to share perspectives, engage, and collaborate with others externally on technology related issues and opportunities for society.
As the Operations Program Manager, you will engage in multi-disciplinary work at the intersection of advanced technologies, storytelling, design, and Society. You will be responsible for executing projects across strategic partnerships, program management of scenarios, creating and managing schedules, and driving insights back into partner teams.
In this role, you will engage with relevant stakeholders across Alphabet as well as external thought leaders. You’ll manage and execute complex projects across strategic partnerships with Google Research, DeepMind, Labs, and various product areas. You will collaborate with people across levels, including leadership across organizations.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $203,000-$299,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage and execute complex projects across strategic partnerships acting as the primary point of contact for partner teams, developing strong relationships to drive successful project outcomes.
- Create and manage project schedules, monitor progress, ensure that all project milestones are met on time and within budget.
- Drive insights back into partner teams, providing valuable feedback and recommendations to improve project outcomes and optimize performance.
- Engage internal and external audiences to contribute to and create scaffolding for a more open, robust, and ongoing conversation on challenging issues and delicate topics in emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product management, legal, and finance, to ensure successful project outcomes.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.