Fantastic opportunity to lead PR activities aimed at promoting 400 tourism-focused establishments in Niagara Falls; including accommodations, attractions, entertainment and events, award-winning dining, shopping, spas, theatre, history, outdoor adventures, world-class golf and wineries.
Westridge HR Professionals, on behalf of our valued client, Niagara Falls Tourism, is currently searching for an innovative and creative Public Relations Managerto join their award-winning marketing and communications team.
About Niagara Falls Tourism:
Niagara Falls, Ontario, is a signature Canadian tourist destination that boasts 14 million visitors a year from all over the world.Niagara Falls Tourism provides leadership and focus to foster, develop and promote the tourism industry in Niagara Falls. The organization brings a strong competitive brand that attracts increased visitation and generates significant economic activity for its membership.
More About the Role:
The Public Relations Manager develops, executes and manages the annual Public Relations activities that align with organization’s strategic plan and marketing/communications initiatives.
- Salary: $65 – 80K
- Benefits program (employer paid premiums): Extended Healthcare, Dental, Emergency Travel Assistance, Long-term Disability, Life & Dependent LifeInsurance, AD&D, Employee Assistance Program
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing measurable and engaging story ideas and content; including media pitches, blog posts, ad copy, press releases, etc. to support marketing & communications strategic plans and initiatives.
- Coordinating with key partners and stakeholders to generate content ideas for media.
- Working within the marketing & communications team to create content and PR calendar.
- Proactively pitching new stories and amplifying content to maximize exposure for the destination.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with media and influencers.
- Analyzing and reporting on all media and communications activities, objectives, and accomplishments.
- Developing and distributing media kits, maintaining online media hub with fresh content.
We’d love to talk to you more about this opportunity if you have:
- 3+ years relevant industry experience liaising with the media, producing, and pitching stories, writing press releases, and delivering robust PR campaigns.
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing or Public Relations.
- Strong computer skills; including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working in Meltwater (an asset).
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to write compelling copy.
- Superior speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced yet highly organized environment.
if you would like to be considered for Niagara Falls Tourism’s Public Relations Manager role. Please include resume and a cover letter that outlines why you believe you ARE the leading candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those advancing through the selection process will be contacted.
Niagara Falls Tourism is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Niagara Falls Tourism believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.