About: Headquartered in West Georgia, our client is the leading global manufacturer and supplier of turn-key self-storage building solutions, roll-up and swing doors, hallway systems, and relocatable storage units, as well as new security technology and facility automation tools. Our client is proud to be a total solutions provider and views every customer as a partner.
salary: $160,000 – 180,000 per year
work hours: 8 am to 4 pm
education: No Degree Required
Scope: As a Senior Developer working on Firmware/Embedded, you’ll work closely with the development teams and will be expected to provide input into the architecture and scalability of various components. The embedded engineer will
focus on developing and supporting IOT devices, using wireless networking, custom hardware, and cloud technologies
in a multi-tier and massively parallel infrastructure. The Senior Developer will design and develop firmware for new and
existing products that will be integrated and supported throughout the engineering team and across the industry. Key responsibilities include working with the Mechanical and Electrical teams to develop firmware for new and existing products. Work with the software engineering teams to integrate products into our Client’s Cloud Applications while making sure products are secure and easy to use.
- Work closely with the Hardware team to develop firmware for new hardware products.
- Play an active role in the designing of new products, to lessen the amount of work required in firmware.
- Understand and implement best architectural practices.
- Minimize current consumption of all products through hardware and firmware changes.
- Develop firmware that communicates over BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and other mesh technologies.
- Develop firmware for Embedded Linux applications.
- Develop over-the-air firmware updates and supervise rollout.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional
- publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in embedded SW development.
- Previous work with embedded platforms; ARM, STM, NRF platforms preferred.
- 6+ years of experience with C, C++, Python, Java
- strong analytical skills and ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
- Health Insurance
- 401k & Benefits package
- Great team culture
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected].
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate’s education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad’s client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.