Karrot is a community-driven super app from Korea that is committed to nurturing local interactions. We offer a wide range of services, including buying and selling goods, community groups, job listings, real estate and auto listings, and payment solutions. With a thriving community of over 30 million users, we are passionate about enriching local connections, starting with our secondhand marketplace.
Backed by industry-leading investors such as Softbank, DST Global, GoodWater Capital and Altos Ventures, Karrot is poised for growth. Our North American division aims to expand our communities across the US & Canada, starting with Toronto, Vancouver, and New York City. We’re designing a delightful way for communities to connect online in a way that’s safe, easy, and centered around living – and listing – better, together.Karrot’s team is composed of dynamic, passionate, and entrepreneurial individuals. Our executive leadership, with past experiences in globally recognized tech companies such as Google, Kakao, Naver, and Ritual, brings a wealth of expertise and guidance to the organization.
As Karrot North America’s Social & Community Manager, you’ll be the heart of our online community. You’ll expertly manage our social media channels and spark community events that connect our users and inspire/develop brand champions. As we touch down in new locations, your vibrant, localized engagement strategies will ignite community growth and keep our platform buzzing.In partnership with various teams, you’ll help community-focused initiatives across North America, enjoying full autonomy over your projects. You’ll be the beacon, translating our global vision into locally embraced strategies that uplift our North American community.
- Social Media Management: Oversee all social channels, creating engaging content, and responding to user interactions.
- Community Engagement: Highlight top use cases to inspire the community, foster a high level of user engagement within neighborhoods, initiate stimulating discussions, and promptly address user concerns to maintain an inclusive environment.
- Performance Tracking: Analyze community metrics to gauge engagement strategies’ effectiveness.
- Collaboration and Advocacy: Collaborate with internal teams and advocate for community needs to align with company objectives.
- Solid experience in social media management, community engagement, event planning, or a related field in a startup environment.
- A deep passion for building and nurturing online communities, with a keen interest in leveraging social media platforms for community growth.
- Excellent understanding of social media trends and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in using social media analytics tools.
- Proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in an additional language would be a significant plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation & total rewards
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off when you need to recharge
- Small team = the ability to make a huge impact
- Lunch when in the office
- Hybrid remote in Toronto