Graduate Business Analyst
- Salary Range Band 4 $67,609 – $72,330 plus 10.5% Super
- Fulltime 12 month temporary position
- Located at St Kilda Town Hall with flexible working arrangements possible.
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more. City of Port Phillip has zero tolerance for child abuse and is a committed Child Safe organisation.
About the Role
Grow as a Business Analyst and work on a variety of projects including system upgrades, IoT and Automation as well as promote and evangelize technology innovation across the Council.
- Improve business processes
- Promote technology innovation
- Develop design documents
- Support requirement gathering
Skills and Experience
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Some understanding of requirement gathering
- Recent graduate in Business or IT
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation.
- Training and development opportunities, study assistance, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, a health and wellbeing program, and a well- regarded Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Security Requirements and Professional Obligations
Pre-employment screening will apply to all appointments.
Prior to a formal letter of offer, preferred applicants will be asked to provide:
- Evidence of mandatory qualifications/registrations/licences,
- Sufficient proof of their right to work in Australia, and
- Sufficient proof of their identity.
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination or valid medical exemption in line with City of Port Phillip Vaccination Policy
- Complete a National Police Check completed via City of Port Phillip’s Provider.
- Evidence of a Working with Children Check (employee type with City of Port Phillip registered as the organisation).
How to Apply
All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in response to the key selection criteria located on the last page of the position description. The Cover Letter should be no longer than 2 pages and include each heading in the Key Selection Criteria.
Note: Only applications submitted via the online Recruitment Portal will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be provided feedback.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Vimal Sandhu-Crawford, ICT PMO and Business Partner via email: [email protected]
Applications close 11.59pm Sunday 4 June 2023
The City of Port Phillip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued. We actively welcome and encourage candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, First Nation and Torres Strait Islander candidates, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and candidates with a disability.
If you have accessibility requirements or require an adjustment to participate in our recruitment and selection process, please contact David Crichton (Recruitment and Employee Experience Lead) on phone 0466 859 533 or email: [email protected]